It's almost time to say goodbye, New York, and we want to go out with a bang (okay, no more terrible murder puns, we promise). To celebrate our final weeks off Broadway, we're having a good old fashioned contest. It's pretty simple: we're looking for the best 15 second video reenactment of Murder For Two via Instagram (don't worry, you don't need to have seen Murder For Two to participate... see below)! The winner will receive the following prizes:
1 - Two tickets to Murder For Two
2 - A signed cast album of Murder For Two
3 - A signed cast album of Pippin (note: it will be signed by us)
4. We'll make a 15 second video reenactment of your life.
5. A tour backstage followed by drinks at our favorite post-show hangout, Sosa Borella.
OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Contest begins Monday, May 26th (12:00am) and ends Monday, June 9th (11:59pm). Videos can be submitted at any point throughout that two week period!
2. Submissions should be made in the form of an Instagram video! Make sure to tag both us (KinosianandBlair on instagram) and Murder For Two (MurderFor2 on instagram) so we know the video exists! We will like or comment on the video so you know we saw it! If you're worried we might not have seen it, you can also send us a link to the video (KinosianandBlair@gmail.com) and we will respond confirming that it has been accepted as a submission.
3. The video should be a 15 second reenactment of Murder For Two... but maybe you haven't seen Murder For Two! Not to worry, here are a few plot points you might want to include: a novelist is shot at his surprise birthday party. A young officer shows up and pretends to be the detective in hopes of solving the crime and impressing his superiors. A host of eccentric suspects (loopy widow, sinister ballerina, friendly psychiatrist, eager criminology student, etc) thwart him at every turn. And then... Well, here's the thing. We don't want to give away the ending (even if you know it) -- so make something up! Extra points for creativity.
5. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as each video is a self-contained entry (you can't have "part 1", "part 2", etc).
6. We will screen all the submissions to a very prestigious jury (the two of us along with the cast of Murder For Two, Jeff Blumenkrantz and Brett Ryback) and choose the video we think best encapsulates the spirit of the show! The winner will be announced early the following week.
That's it! Let us know if you have any questions and then get Instagramming! We can't wait to see your killer videos (okay, that was the last one, we swear!)